Sometimes iOS auto-correction can be very helpful and make iOS even easier to use on a daily basic but it can also get annoying from time to time.
Below we have listed some tips and tricks for iOS auto-correction.
- Navigate to Settings => General => Keyboard
- Change Auto-Correction from
OFF you can also tap, or slide left.
- To add a new word to the dictionary, navigate to Settings => General => Keyboard
- At the bottom of the screen, you should see a Shortcuts heading. Don’t be put off by the name; this is the place to teach iOS new words.
- Navigate to Settings => General => Reset => Reset Keyboard Dictionary
- Disable Auto Correction Tip - Sometimes you just don't need Apple's iOS dictionary telling you how to spell. The feature can be helpful but
sometimes it's not the best at recognizing certain words and proper names, etc.
- Reset Auto Correction Tip - This clears out the entire auto correct and keyboard dictionary letting you start over from scratch. Open up Notes or
any other app that lets you type and you can start teaching iOS the proper words again.
This article applies to the following:
- Apple iOS - iOS 7 with 200+ new features on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Article incorrect or outdated? Do let us know →
Updated 19/05/14 @ 19:51 PM
Steven Leonard, Editor